So, today I didn't like our new house. I spent the whole day freezing! Even when I've set the thermostat to 73 degrees it still feels cold. The windows are almost all covered by patios and the floor to floor tile in the main living rooms means I have to wear a jacket and socks at all times. Whenever I'm at the computer or on the couch I will also pile a blanket on for good measure. I HATE to be cold. I mean I really really hate it. The worst cold in the world is right after you get out of a warm shower, luckily our bedrooms are warmer than the rest of the house so I do ok with that one as long as I shower after the sun is up.
Back to my day; so it was cold and I was miserable. When Jarom came home and I had to change to go to the office (which meant peeling off some of my many layers so I'd be prepared for the 75 + and sunny skies outside) I made it a point to tell him how I'm ready to move because I really hate to be cold and this house is just never warm. He laughed at me.
Coming home from work driving north on the 51 as I approached the Phoenix Mountain Preserves inspiration struck, I needed to go for a hike with the kids. After all it was one of the main reasons we chose this house only 2 blocks from said mountains.
We popped dinner in the oven, set the timer and took off (I had to chuckle as Jarom started putting on a jacket "No silly, it isn't cold outside it just seems like it would be because it is so dang cold in our house").
It was great. Literally about a 5 minute walk and we felt like we live far from the city not right in the middle of it. I love living here where the sun shines and skies are blue almost every day. It is February and while some of the country is being pummeled by snow our family was out enjoying perfect weather and beautiful nature.
This really is one of the reasons we wanted the house we bought. Our family loves to go hiking; though we’ve never lived in walking distance we use to drive to our favorite spots right around here and enjoy being outside with scenery and each other. It’s sad that it took us 2 months of being here to get out and enjoy it.
Back to my day; so it was cold and I was miserable. When Jarom came home and I had to change to go to the office (which meant peeling off some of my many layers so I'd be prepared for the 75 + and sunny skies outside) I made it a point to tell him how I'm ready to move because I really hate to be cold and this house is just never warm. He laughed at me.
Coming home from work driving north on the 51 as I approached the Phoenix Mountain Preserves inspiration struck, I needed to go for a hike with the kids. After all it was one of the main reasons we chose this house only 2 blocks from said mountains.
We popped dinner in the oven, set the timer and took off (I had to chuckle as Jarom started putting on a jacket "No silly, it isn't cold outside it just seems like it would be because it is so dang cold in our house").
It was great. Literally about a 5 minute walk and we felt like we live far from the city not right in the middle of it. I love living here where the sun shines and skies are blue almost every day. It is February and while some of the country is being pummeled by snow our family was out enjoying perfect weather and beautiful nature.
This really is one of the reasons we wanted the house we bought. Our family loves to go hiking; though we’ve never lived in walking distance we use to drive to our favorite spots right around here and enjoy being outside with scenery and each other. It’s sad that it took us 2 months of being here to get out and enjoy it.
Jarom & Jessica walking the 2 blocks it takes.
View of Our Neighborhood
The Sunset
Enjoying Family Time
It’s amazing how much better your life feels when you can get away from the everyday stresses and enjoy this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for us. I know He loves me, just look at all he’s given me.
Side note we were able to meet several of our neighbors just by spending that time outside. So though I’m sitting here shivering…my heart has been warmed and I love our new home.

You're great. I could just feel how cold you get, and you're right about getting to be here, I thank Heavenly Father everyday for that blessing (summer,winter, spring, or fall) I love it all.
ReplyDeleteWe need to come hike with you.
Where is your house?